The Taper or for some, the "dreaded taper" will start in just under a week for me. I am really looking forward to it, mostly because I will have more time for myself and to be able to do some things that I have neglected through the past few months.
So far, I have come up with a list of things I would like to do during the taper (with some suggestions also added in by CT):
1) Catch up with friends (and a boyfriend) that I haven't seen in months.
2) Clean and organize the kitchen (including the refrigerator) - basically this means going through and pitching food that I bought months ago and forgot about and won't be using, then wiping down and cleaning all the shelves, etc.
3) Clean and organize the front closet and my junk drawer (see above, same idea but with bills, mail, and coats/boots).
4) Clean and organize my room (see above but with old clothes and running shoes).
5) Decide which organization I can donate all the above mentioned cleaned out things to so I don't feel bad "pitching" everything.
6) Try some new recipes (maybe inspired by cleaning up the kitchen).
7) Catch up on movies that I missed this summer - including The Hangover and Harry Potter.
8) Sleep more!
This is kind of how I feel right now . . .
Stats for Last Week:
Mon: hour ride in the wind
Tues: 3500 swim, 70 minute run
Wed: 30 mile bike, 20 minute run
Thurs: 3500 swim, 75 minute run
Sat: 2:45 hour run (16+ miles)
Sun: 100 mile bike, 15 minute transtion run