Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Recovery: Week 2

Post Race Training Plan: Week 2 (per Dr. Devor, based on a running program/post marathon):
  • Training goal:
    • Resume regular running:  by "regular running"  if he means placing one foot in front of the other and advancing faster than if I were just walking, then I am getting there!
      • Keys to achieve goal
        • Easy runs of 20 - 60 minutes - done!  I was able to complete 3 runs last week that were between 30-45 minutes in length.
        • Run with friends and keep conversational pace - unfortunately I didn't run with anyone but myself last week.  I did, however, run with my ipod and sing along.   I am sure the people at the DHC were not thrilled with this, but it did entertain me!
        • No more than 70% of maximum HR - I didn't wear a HR monitor last week, but I am pretty sure I did this, I didn't push myself on any of my runs! 
        • Mileage goal for week:
          • 25% to 50% of average pre-marathon week - Considering I only ran about 10 miles total for the week, I know I acheived this goal! 



Maybe all of Lance's runs have really been training to eventually become an Ironman!  Earlier this year, he confirmed that he would like to do IM Hawaii "sometime in the future"


Stats for Last Week:
Monday:  30 minute easy run, 30 minute core strength/stretch
Tuesday:  rest day
Wed:  30 minute easy run, 30 minute light strength/stretch
Thursday:  2800 swim (400 warm up, 8x75 on 1:30, 400x1 kicks, 8x75 on 1:30, 400 x 1 pull, 3x50 drill - body roll, 200 cool down).
Friday:  rest
Saturday:  45 minute easy run
Sunday:  3+ hours Christmas Shopping

No comments:

Post a Comment