Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Winding Down to Big Sur


I leave in 2 days for California.   I am well into the taper and was hopeful that I would feel better by this point.   Not so, my left knee is still hurting 2-3 miles into the run.   I may just take the rest of the week off and hope for the best come race day!   Fortunately I have good friends and have no plan at a PR in this marathon.   My goal is to enjoy the course, take lots of pictures, and cross the finish line with my sister!  



The plan at this point is for my sister and I to do the Marathon Relay.   I am going to do the first 3 legs and my sister the last 2.   Depending on how I feel, I may just pass the chip to Lora and continue to run with her.   Again my hope is to cross the finish line with Lora, hands held high, smiles on our faces! 


Go Team K!!! 



Stats for the week:
Wed:  60 minute run
Thursday:  2500 yd swim, 30 minute core workout
Friday: rest
Saturday: 76 minute run (Antrim to Hills and back)
Sunday:  23 mile bike, 30 minute walk
Monday:  42 minute run (4.2 miles)
Tuesday:  2400 yd swim, 40 minute strength (arms and core)

No comments:

Post a Comment