Saturday, July 25, 2009

Iron Man Lake Placid

This is a shout out to my boyfriend who is participating in IM Lake Placid tomorrow. Go to this website http://www.ironmanusa.com/ if you would like to see more about the race. CT's bib number is 569! He is hoping for a sub 12 hour finish which would be a PR for him. I wish him all the best and will be watching online with a hope at seeing him actually cross the finish line. Maybe without me getting in the way he will be able to focus even more and get that PR! Here is just a sampling of the course from 2 years ago:




Pre-race day, checking out the swim course. . .

Transition area early morning, the day of the race!

The calm before the storm.




The swim start!


Finally caught CT on the run course, too bad he didn't see me!


Mario and CT - IM Lake Placid Finishers!

Quick workout summary of my workout week:
Sunday: 56 mile bike
Monday: Rest day
Tuesday: 2500 swim, 60 minute hill run
Wed: rain forced me inside - 60 minutes on the trainer
Thursday: 2700 swim, 60 minute tempo run
Friday: 30 mile bike
Saturday: MIT run got canceled b/c of storms, I may try to get 60 minutes of running later.








No comments:

Post a Comment