Friday, July 24, 2009

My Family















These are the most recent pictures I have of my parents (Jean and Gary) and my sister (Lora). Sadly, the pictures of the 4 of us were taken last summer. Lora lives in LA so we don't get to see her that often. She is coming to visit us in September, so hopefully I will get to spend some quality time with her and get some more up-to-date pictures for my blog. I will have to watch my camera closely though, as she is normally good for at least a few self portraits!



I am very proud of Lora as she completed her first 1/2 marathon last year and is still working hard at improving her fitness level in many different ways. I was supposed to do her first 1/2 with her, but it got canceled due to the stupid wildfires last year. Fortunately, she was able to do another race that was just 2 weeks away, but I wasn't able to be there in person to help cheer her on to her finish. One of my goals next year is to be able to participate in a race with her - right now I am trying to push the Big Sur weekend! We'll see how that goes . . .



This weekend my mom is headed to South Dakota for the Blankartz family reunion. My father decided that spending a weekend with 50+ people in a hunting lodge in the middle of nowhere, wasn't in his best interest and opted to stay home. Lucky for him, I decided to stay here too so I could spend some quality time together. I am hoping to convert him into becoming a cycling fan, but my guess is he will nap through much of the Tour instead! Much quiter environment than the reunion, I am sure. Hopefully my mother will have a wonderful time visiting with her family! I will try to make it to the next one in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment