Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fall Supper

With all of my extra time this weekend, I decided to make a good autumn supper last night.

 The menu consisted of the following:  


Spinach Salad
Large handful of spinach leaves
1/4 apple thinly sliced (we like fuji and gala)
Small handful of dried cherries
1-2 TBS shelled pistachios
1-2 TBS balsalmic vinegrette




Becky's Beef Stew from "Fix it and Forget-It Cookbook"
1 1/2 lbs. beef stewing meet, cubed
2 - 10 oz pkgs. frozen veggies
4 large potatos, cubed
1 bay leaf
1 onion, chopped
15 oz can stewing tomatos
8 oz can tomato sauce
2 TBS. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp salt
(I didn't follow this recipe exactly, but it is closest to what I made)
Layer the veggies and potatoes on the meat in a crockpot.  Cook 6-8 hours on low heat.   Serve once potatos are soft and the meat is fully cooked. 

Red Wine
Sliced and warmed Whole Grain Bread with Olive Oil and spices for dipping




Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pie*
I saw these at Trader Joe's and couldn't resist trying them.   For a recipe you can try at home, look here


My stats for the week:
Monday: rest
Tues: 3500 swim, 60 minute run
Wed: 30 mile ride, 20 min run
Thurs: 60 minute run, 45 minutes on the trainer
Fri: 3500 swim
Sat:  2 hour run
Sun:  52 mile ride





1 comment:

  1. Yum! I can't wait till you are here. You are the best cooking partner:)

    ReplyDelete