Saturday, September 12, 2009

IM Wisconsin

Just wanted to wish some friends best wishes on their IM race tomorrow in Wisconsin.  This will be Laura's first IM, Jeremy and Natalie's second IM, and Mario's fifth.   Although I train with Natalie, Laura, and Jeremy, I wasn't able to get any specific time goals from them.  I think the majority of their goals are to finish the race in one piece!

Mario's goal is to finish under 10 hours so he can take an age group award and qualify to go back to Kona again.  Sidenote on this, Mario had been training with my boyfriend for years.  I have gone and watched them compete in at least 2 different IM events and countless other tri's of various distances.  After one of them Mario told us that if he ever qualified for Kona that he would pay for us to come along with him to cheer him on at the finish.  Mario qualified 2 years ago and went to Kona and we didn't get an invite.  He better watch out if he qualifies again, because I may call him out on his offer if he goes this year!  LOL! 

So, after I do my long ride tomorrow and am back home relaxing, I will be doing some cyberstalking on my laptop for a few hours at: IronmanLIVE and IM Wisconsin to follow everyone and hopefully catch a few of them live as they cross the finish line!! 

Here is just a small sampling of an Ironman Race, for those of you who have never seen one:

I hope that everyone out there racing in Wisconsin is able to compete to the best of their potential. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of feet hurting because there should be some serious ass kicking going on tomorrow! Best wishes to all of the IRONMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment