Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away . . .

We have been lucky and fortunate with wonderful weather throughout most of the summer. It never really got too hot or humid, which has made it very nice for all of the training I have been doing. In fact, I do not think the temps got over 90 more than 4 or 5 times this year. Almost every weekend we have had sunny and clear days, and if it has rained it seems to be later in the day.

All this changed this past week. It has been rainy, cloudy, and high humidity for over a week now. I had a very wet and humid weekend for training. 80 miles on the bike on Saturday, by myself wasn't very fun. I followed this with a 30 minute transtition run. Let's just say that I was soaked to the bone by the time I finished. I thought the sun was supposed to come out on Sunday, and it did, but not until 2pm. We had a 10/20 mile race for the MIT group that started at 7am. It rained the whole time and we had a headwind on the 2nd half of a hilly course. Again, soaked to the bone. So, I had alot of time to think about things this past weekend and my brilliant thoughts for this weekend of training? I would rather train in rain than wind, especially on the bike!

My stats for the week:
Monday: rest
Tuesday: 3000 swim, hour run
Wed: 30 mile bike, 20 minute run
Thursday: 3000 swim, hour on the bike
Friday: hour run
Saturday: 83 mile bike, 30 minute run
Sunday: 10 mile race +2-3 extra running with MIT group

The following video has nothing to do with this blog entry except that I love Pre and thought this was a fun video of him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment