Saturday, October 10, 2009

Race Weekend

Big race weekend for many of my friends.  For those doing Columbus, it is the last taper before their big day next weekend.   For those doing Chicago and Towpath Marathons, tomorrow is the big day!  I wanted to wish all of my friends best wishes as they run their races:  Teri, Matt, Jeanette, Susan, Brenda, and the rest of the MIT folk in Chicago - have fun and I hope you get your PR's!  Also, to Heather who is running Towpath - enjoy the run! 

It is also IM Kona raceday.  I think I may actually be one of the few tri dorks who is home on a Saturday night watching/listening to "Ironman Live"  on the internet.  These athletes are awesome.  It is now 22 miles into the marathon portion of the race and the lead man (Craig Alexander) has been racing a total of 8 hours and 8 minutes.  The second place female is running a 6:32 pace at 10 miles into the run.  Seriously, don't these athletes realize they have already done a 2.4 mile swim and a 114 mile bike ride!  LOL!  Anyway, I am trying to stay awake to watch the men and women finish, but my bed beckons me - it is about 9pm. 

There are 2 American IM's left this year.  It is actually pretty neat to watch as the pro's do the race, then to watch the common folk come across the finish and hear the words "you are an Ironman!"   IM Florida is Nov. 7 and IM Arizona is Nov. 22.  Go to:  http://www.ironmanlive.com/ to watch the finish line live or to track an athlete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment