Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Need a Nap

I am exhausted and my whole body aches.  I am understanding that this is par for the course in IM training, if so then I am right on track. . .  I am in my last full week of training prior to the taper and I can feel every minute of it.  It isn't just physical exhaustion but also mental exhaustion.  For one thing, most of my friends are done with their training and have done "their big race" for the year and are now in recovery.  A second part is that a tiny little voice in my head is questioning if I have done enough training.  At this point there is not really much I can do about it though except finish this tough week of training without getting hurt and take care of myself during the taper.   I am almost there and can feel it - 27 days and counting to IMAZ!! 

The Taper or for some, the "dreaded taper" will start in just under a week for me.  I am really looking forward to it, mostly because I will have more time for myself and to be able to do some things that I have neglected through the past few months. 

So far, I have come up with a list of things I would like to do during the taper (with some suggestions also added in by CT):
1) Catch up with friends (and a boyfriend)  that I haven't seen in months.
2) Clean and organize the kitchen (including the refrigerator) - basically this means going through and pitching food that I bought months ago and forgot about and won't be using, then wiping down and cleaning all the shelves, etc. 
3) Clean and organize the front closet and my junk drawer (see above, same idea but with bills, mail, and coats/boots).
4) Clean and organize my room (see above but with old clothes and running shoes).
5) Decide which organization I can donate all the above mentioned cleaned out things to so I don't feel bad "pitching" everything.
6) Try some new recipes (maybe inspired by cleaning up the kitchen).
7) Catch up on movies that I missed this summer - including The Hangover and Harry Potter.
8) Sleep more! 



This is kind of how I feel right now . . .

Stats for Last Week:
Mon:  hour ride in the wind
Tues:  3500 swim, 70 minute run
Wed: 30 mile bike, 20 minute run
Thurs:  3500 swim, 75 minute run
Fri: rest
Sat: 2:45 hour run (16+ miles)
Sun: 100 mile bike, 15 minute transtion run

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Ann! You are doing great! Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it Ann! You are amazing! I'm so incredibly proud of you!

    By the way I made your granola and oh my goodness it is so good!! Thanks for sharing the recipie!

    All my best to you as you finish out your last hard week of training. Let me know if there is anything you need. :)

    Heather

    ReplyDelete