Sunday, January 17, 2010

First Marathon



I would like to give a big shout out to my dear friend, Liz Brinkman, who completed her first marathon today at the PF Chang's Rock'n'Roll Marathon in Phoenix!   There is nothing like the feeling after you finish your first marathon and I know that Liz rocked that course today!   I especially admire Liz for this accomplishment as she did almost all of her training on her own.   I have been very fortunate in that I have always had a running group to help me through all of those tough and long training runs.   Liz had to plan her schedule around that of her job as a mother and dietician, her husband Dan's job and various activities and both her children's schedules.   That is not an easy task, and yet she managed to do it and kick ass on her first one!   Congrats to such an accomplishment Liz!!!  


My stats for the week:  
Sunday:  45 minute on trainer, 45 minute core strength
Monday:  45 minutes on the trainer
Tuesday:  50 minute run
Wed:  30 minute run
Thursday:  2600 swim, 50 minute run
Friday:  rest
Saturday:  10 mile run, tried a new app on the phone, here are the stats for my run
Sunday:  rest

1 comment:

  1. Ann, you are too sweet. I'm very touched by your words. AND...I COULD NOT have imagined preceding my run with a 2+ mile swim and a 112 mile bike. I'm speechless. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete