Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Not Much Going On



I have been sadly remiss on my blog.   Mostly because I don't have alot to blog about right now.   I have been busy but not with anything in particular.   Work, exercise, socializing with friends and family seems to take up alot of time. 

 I started back to a 40+ work week in January, I had dropped down to 32 hours a week to train for the IM.   I can't beleive how little free time this seems to leave me.   I cannot fathom how someone can train for an IM while working 40 hours a week and making time for a family with training.   I know it can be done and there are plenty of people out there who do it, but it still blows my mind that they can.   Where do they find the time???   I am currently struggling to find time for running 4 days a week, swimming and biking one way a week!!   





I have also been fighting the winter blahs.   By mid-January this is normally in full swing.   The cold weather combined with it seeming like it is dark all the time make it very hard for me to want to do anything other than eat, sleep, and curl up with a blanket and watch movies.   This might also explain why I have packed on 10 lbs since IMAZ.   It seems that I lack the motivation to do much of anything  and it is with great effort that I am able to pull myself out of bed every morning.

I am feeling very selfish right now and feel like I could complain about everything, but I really don't know how I can because compared to alot of my family and friends I have it easy right now.   This is what I mean:  I have a childhood friend who's mother just passed away; I have another friend who's dad is terminal and has been given 3 mos to live; my boss found out she is pregnant for the first time and a week later got diagnosed with breast cancer; a good friend of mine is facing her 2nd round of inpatient chemo and a stem cell transplant to battle stage 3 lymphoma; my cousin's 7 year old daughter has hydrocephalus and in the process they have found a small tumor in the center of her brain.  Need I go on??   It is hard to feel sorry for oneself when your loved ones are suffering so much and you can do so little for them but try to give positive energy, thoughts, and prayers!  So that is something else I have been doing more recently, trying to send out a few prayers and positive thoughts everyday.   It is hard though because winter seems to drain all my positive energy!   Plus I am PMSing right now which never seems to help anything!

So, if anyone is actually reading my blog right now.   I am going to ask you a favor.   Will you also help me to pray for everyone who is struggling right now, send positive energy and thoughts in any way you can??   I think with everything terrible that is happening in the world right now, a little positivity could really go a long way!  

My stats since my last blog entry:
1/18:  60 minute run (5.86 miles)
1/19:  2600 swim, 30 minute run, 20 min core workout
1/20:  rest
1/21:  50 minute run
1/22:  35 minutes on the trainer
1/23:  13 mile run  (2:18)
1/24:  45 minutes on the trainer
1/25:  70 minute run (6.92 miles, hill repeats Emerald Parkway)
1/26:  2700 swim:  400 warmup, kicks (50 x 1min, 100x 2min, repeat 4 times) pulls (same as kicks), mainset (100x1:55, ez 25x45, 7 times), 200 cool down

1 comment:

  1. A woman I know was diagnosed with breast cancer while pregnant also and had chemo while pregnant and a double mastectomy and her daughter and she are completely fine now! Her daughter is in kindergarten! I could put your boss in touch with her.

    Nancy Kohout

    ReplyDelete