Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Just Keep Swimming, Swimming, Swimming . . .



With the start of the New Year, also comes the start of my next Master's Swim Class.   A Master's Swim class, is basically the equivalent of an adult swim team, but without the meets (although there are a couple of meets per year that you can sign up for, but I have yet to do this).   For me, it is a nice way to work on my swimming fitness while also being in a group setting.   It is one of the few workouts that I do during the week where I actually have company.   And while it by no means turn me into Michael Phelps or Dara Torres . . .

. . . it is a really nice way to cross train while running, and my hope is that it will help me be aerobically fit enought to keep making it through the swim portion of the triathlon (if I am not drowned or knocked out first by everyone else)! 




First Swim Workout of 2010:
400 warm up
50 x 6 swim on 1:15
50 x 7 kicks on 1:10
100 x 6 swim on 2:10
50 x 7 pulls on 1:10
drill:  finger drag 50 x 2 on 1:15
cool down:  100
* I did an extra 100 on the warmup, so my grand total pool mileage today was 2300! 

I skipped my run workout yesterday, so I did a brick workout and followed my swim with a 50 minute run around the DRC track.  I think I am ready for a nap now! 

1 comment:

  1. Weirdly, that is my running mantra when I'm tired: "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

    Doesn't really make sense, but it works!

    ReplyDelete