Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!  Hopefully 2010 will be a great year for everyone!  




Just a quick blog to list out some of my New Year's Resolutions
 (in no particular order):


1) Complete a race with my sister, Lora.  We have yet to do a race together and I have wanted to do one with her for awhile now.   At this point in time, we are signed up as a team (Team K) to participate in The Big Sur Internation Marathon Relay.  The plan is for me to do the first part and Lora to do the second.   My personal goal is to be able to do the whole thing, so I can run the second part with my sister!  


2)  PR my time in the international, sprint, and 1/2 IM distances of the triathlon.

3)  Invest more interest/time into my professional career so that I can be a better team player to my co-workers and to provide a better experience for the patients that I see on a daily basis.

4) Promote a better relationship with those people that I love by being a better listener and communicator.   Being present and active in my actions and thoughts when I am with a friend, family member, or significant other. 

6)  Explore my relationship with food:  By this I mean learning to cook more meals at home rather than relying on convenience foods.  Buy more locally produced food, beverages, and consumer items to help support the farmers and vendors of the area I am living and/or visiting. Develop a better appreciation of whole foods and beverages and actually enjoy the experience of eating vs. just shoveling food down so fast that I  don't even really taste it!  Understanding better how the things I ingest impact my overall well being. 

Really I just want to live a healthier lifestyle in all aspects of my life:  physical, emotional, and spiritual.   Hopefully these resolutions will help me to accomplish this! 



My stats since last week:
Monday:  5 miles on the dreadmill (50 minutes)
Tuesday: 45 minutes on the trainer
Wed:  rest
Thursday: 45 minute run outdoors
Friday: hour on the trainer, 40 minute strength/stretch











No comments:

Post a Comment