Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow, snow, and more snow


Central Ohio is under another snow advisory.   It is supposed to snow an additional 4 to 8 inches over the next 24 hours.   Looks like I may be resigned to more indoor workouts this week.  Although the trails in Dublin are fairly clear, there is ice underneath the snow.   This is something I am very careful about, so I would rather remain safe and indoors than risk an injury outdoors.  

One nice thing I have at my disposal is the Dublin Rec Center.   It gives me the option of using an indoor track (13 loops = 1 mile), treadmills and a lap pool.    Runner's World recently posted an article about aquatic workouts, which I may have to try out one of these days.   I already do the lap swimming 1 to 2 days a week, but maybe one of these days I will actually have to try some deep water running!  

Indoor Workouts this week:
Monday:  50 minute recovery run at DRC track
Tuesday:  2700 swim (400 warm up, 50x8 kicks on 1:00, 100x8 on 2:00, 50x8 pulls on 1:00, 100x4 on 1:50, drill "sensitivity"  50x4, 200 cool down)

No comments:

Post a Comment