Monday, August 3, 2009

Steelhead 70.3

I did it! I completed my first 1/2 Ironman! My stats are as follows:

Total time: 6:38:19
Swim: 40:07
Bike: 3:17:46
Run: 2:27:11
Transitions: t1=7:19, t2=5:56

It was a great race and it was awesome to see so many people out there racing - Mario, Greg, Jason, Dan, and Tasha. I saw everyone except Mario at least one time. I would also like to give a huge thanks to everyone that came out to cheer us on - their support meant so much more to me than they could ever know! So thanks to CT, Liz, Michelle, Scott, Jenny, Kim, Fred, Josie, and Henry.

The following pictures are of various points in the race - thanks Michelle for taking such great pics!

Liz, Michelle, and Jenny - our dedicated fans!
The swim start - wave 13 (Dan is in there somewhere)
Me on the bike course!
Dan starting the run course and looking strong

Here I come - almost to the finish line!


Just a few things I learned along the way:
1) I can get seasick on the swim. The waves in the water weren't bad, but the swells not only made it hard to see the buoys, but they also made me sick. I came out of the water gagging and praying that I would make it to a trash can to get sick (I did). Made for a much longer transition than I would have liked!
2) I hate wind. Especially a headwind, with gusts, the last 20 miles of the ride.
3) I did better on the run than expected. I thought it would take me at least 3 hours. So, I was pleasantly surprised when I finished in just over 2:27.
4) I thrive on the cheering and support from my friends and family. The smiles you see on my face - all because of the cheering I received as I was going by everyone. All very much appreciated! I also can't thank my bvoyfriend (CT), family, and friends for the support they give me during the training season. I definately couldn't do this without that

No comments:

Post a Comment